Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Sitting in the fanciest mcdonalds ever

Hey everyone! I'm currently in Nelson, NZ grabbing some lunch at the fanceist mcdonalds I have ever seen in my life. They have a few computers so I am taking a few minutes to write in here, check email, etc. We are on our way from Punga Cove to another part of NZ. The drive into Punga Cove is the twistiest road ever, I don't normally feel car sick but omg that made me so nauseous.
But Punga cove was really pretty, we did some kayaking yesterday, which the wind made some of it a little scary but overall it was really fun. I've learned how to play eucre (spelling?), we went on a tough hike yesterday, and have done a lot of cool stuff.
This trip is really pushing me which is great, I can already feel that I'm in better shape than I was. I have some nice sunburn on my thighs....feels great! not. but oh well, it could be a lot worse.
New Zealand accents are the best, by the way. I'm definitely going to bust it out every so often so you all better be ready!! (This post is super random, hopefully I'll have time soon to really write out a lot, I have everything down in a journal so expect more in a few days.
Tomorrow we start the first of our multiple day hikes, we're hiking and kayaking the Able Tasman trek, which should be really awesome!! I hope everything there is great, I heard there was a nice ice storm the other day. Stay warm and safe!
<3 Lizzie

No comments:

Post a Comment