Monday, January 19, 2009

Rock Climbing and horseback riding!

Hey everyone!
It's been a fun few days! Yesterday we were in Wanaka, which is just an hour from queenstown. We went rock climbing yesterday, way fun! We also repelled and went on a "mission" which was the craziest freaking thing I've done in my life. We were literally going through bushes and thorns, over boulders, into caves, through little tiny holes in rocks that I didn't think we were going to fit through, and on ledges, without rock climbing equipment, totally not safe. But we survived and it was fun when it was over..but I thought our guide person was definitely on crack. He was insane.
Today I went shopping this morning (now that I won't have to hike with my backpack anymore, I can load that puppy up!) and bought some good stuff, an outfit to wear here while going out, since all I have is hiking clothes...definitely not club material! I'm excited to wear my new swimsuit on the beach in Australia (we leave for the land down under tomorrow!)
I went horseback riding this afternoon, it was really nice, I was wishing that I was riding my horse, with all of my barn friends with me, but this was the next best thing! Rode a quick little horse who was a bit cheeky, but it was a lot of fun, the guide was really cool!
We're going out tonight to celebrate our last night in NZ before Australia so that should be fun!
Stay warm!
<3 Lizzie

No comments:

Post a Comment