Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Milford Sound

KiaOra from Milford Sound, NZ!
We drove today from TeAnau to Milford Sound, where we went on a boat ride through the sounds, which was breathtaking. The scenery was beautiful, and we saw a bunch of seals. The coolest part though was that there were dolphins swimming along beside the boat and jumping right in front of us for about 20 minutes, I have video and pictures, very very very cool! You should look up dusky dolphins, they're pretty different from our normal bottlenose dolphins, way pretty.
Tomorrow we start the Routeburn Trek, where we will be hiking for 3 days...I'm not super excited I have discovered that hiking is not my favorite past time, it's fine and worth doing once in a while but there's other stuff I'd pick to do instead...but oh well, it's all about personal growth right???
I miss my horse....if someone wants to send her over here I'd be tempted to stay a while longer...not that I don't miss you all but it's a lot easier to talk to you than it is to see her from another hemisphere.
Also sorry for the lack of phone calls...the pay phones here don't really like my phone card b/c it was bought in the states, even though it's an international phone card...whatever!!
You all should email me and tell me what's going on in your lives!!!
<3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment